Hoian - What to eat and buy
Hoian - What to eat
- Cao Lau is a kind of noodle which is as simple as Quang noodle which is served with a bowl of broth, vegetable and meat. Cao Lau is made from Hoian rice powder, soaked in wood ash water from Melaleuca in Cham islet. It is at the typical ideal tough when being cooked with water from Ba Le well. One of the best known one is Thanh Cao Lau at 26 Thai Phien Street.
- Hoian Bread: It is supposed the best bread of the World by many Gourmets. With grilled pork, vegetable, and a special source, Hoian bread always satisfy travelvers all over the World. Two most worthy places to savor Hoian bread is Madame Khanh and Phuong Bread.
- Grilled Meat Rolls:
- "Bánh đập hến": Rice paper with mixed oysters is a special food in Hoian. To savor this dish by the best way, you have to go out the Ancient Town to Cam Nam Village.
- Dumplings and Vac Cake are also the renowned dishes here as many Chinese have been living in Hoi An. They are filled with shrimp and the special things about them include being soaked into water from Ba Le well and the dipping sauce made by the rice paper maker. You should try these foods in White Ross Restaurant in Hai Ba Trung street (on the way to go to An Bang beach).
- Hoian Chicken Rice is also a should not miss dish when you come to visit Hoian. Some famous address for this dish is Ba Buoi Restaurant (No 22, Phan Chu Trinh Street)
- Besides, some kinds of sweet tea or Tau Pho are the interesting options for visitors who have a sweet tooth.
Hoian - What to buy
- There is a variety of souvenirs in Hoian like lanterns and handicrafts. More specially, those souvenirs are all made by the locals in Hoian, so they are really sophisticated.
- Some kinds of cake which can serve as presents after your trip include green bean cake, Banh In, Banh It La Gai.
- Pottery and Capentry Products are long-standing spirit of Hoian traditional handicraft village.
Travel Conversation Questions :
We really enjoyed this street food tour - got to see the real Hoi An away from the tourist eateries. Large variety of great food - come hungry because we were stuffed by the end. It's run by Phuoc who's great - really good fun and very knowledgable. Highly recommended
Bernard B :
Bought 3 suits and 5 shirts. I have experience with suits as I work with them every day and I had an awesome service by ladies who definitely knew what they were doing. We did 4 checks before final product to make sure everything was perfect and it was! Quality was on point so was the fitting.
We booked a lantern making lesson through our hotel. It was just us two and they were very flexible as we booked on the day. Hai was friendly and welcoming, showing us around the family home and offering us a drink. We chose our lantern shape and fabric, then watched his mother cut it. It takes too much time to make the actual bamboo structure of the lantern, this is done outside of Hoi An. He demonstrated each step of the lantern making and helped us when we got stuck. He was very patient and encouraging if we got stuck! Our lanterns easily pack into a tube shape to travel home. It is much more fun than buying a lantern
Aqua Risima :
My partner and I bought so much here! We got two dresses made and a suit, and the price was unbelievably cheap! The fabric is good quality and there is so much to choose from. The tailors here are just amazing and can help you find what you are looking for. It took them 24 hours to make our clothes, and we got to pick it up the next day for fitting. I would strongly recommend here for all your shopping needs!
(+84) 917 620 980