The delicious culinary of Hue
Some unique snack bar:
- Che Hem, which is famous for the sweet tea with roasted meat.
- Ya-ua Nguyen Du
- Soy milk with egg in opposite to Dong Ba market
- Vermicelli on Chi Lang Street, nearby Gia Hoi Bridge
1. Rice with oysters
Rice with oyster is one of the most famous dishes of Hue.
2. Hue fig fruits
3. Bun Bo Hue
4. Banh Beo in Hue
5. Banh Loc “Mụ Đỏ”
6. Banh Khoai
Cheap and delicious restaurants in Hue:
1. The restaurant with Hue style beef noodles, Nguyen Du street, located near Nguyen Du - Chi Lang intersection
2. Mrs. Doi's thick noodle, No. 9 Nguyen Trai, No. 01 Duong Van An and No. 36 Ngo Gia Tu
3. Thuong Tu Khoai cake, No. 6 Dinh Tien Hoang
4. Phuc Phuc shop with baby basket clams rice, porridge, Kiet 7 Ung Binh, Con Hen
5. Alley Sweet Soup, No. 1 Kiet 29 Hung Vuong
6. Mrs. Do's filter cake, No. 07 - 08 Nguyen Binh Khiem, Phu Cat ward
7. Thanh Lieu Vegetarian Restaurant, 50 Nguyen Cong Tru
Travel Conversation Questions :
Jim R :
I love spicy food and understand from this forum that Hue serves spicy cuisine, please recommend a few famous spicy dishes in Hue.
Stuart D :
You can add chili to everything, just ask for some soy sauce and a chili and cut it with a spoon, then dip anything into it.
I agree with daawgon that Bún Bò Huế can be very spicy, and it is one of my favorites.
Pho is usually as spicy as you want it to be as you add the ingredients yourself. Be cautious though, it get increasingly spicy as you empty your bowl!
Nancy B :
Where can i get the best bun bo hue? what are specialty dishes that i should try. someone told me i should try banh khot? what exactly is that?
James S :
The best Bun Bo Hue i've tried is in a little market at Thuan An,about 14km outside Hue,at the relatively famous Thuan An Beach.The best Bun Bo's are always the street venders.Little red tables & dwarf red plastic chairs are heaven....to me!
(+84) 917 620 980